Review: La Roche-Posay Serozinc Spray

I love La Roche-Posay for their products targeted towards sensitive skin, especially Hydreane and Nutritic face creams. I also use their sun screen, which is my staple for summer holiday and I've tried two of their mascaras (this one I love). Obviously, I was equally as excited to try out their Serozinc Spray which is one of the very talked about and liked toners. 


I got a travel size version to test out. This one has 50 ml of products in it and the price is around 6€ (I don't know, if this one is on sale in Slovenia, you can get it on Feelunique though). Full size version comes in 150 ml size for around 10€ in Slovenia.


It comes in a blue aerosol with white plastic top. The spray spritzes liquid over your face. Spray is not the most sophisticated and the mist is quite heavy. I always get my face heavily soaked like I have been under the water and don't like that, because it feels like I'm wasting away the product.


It's an astringent toner designed for oily and problematic skin. It should act as a soothing product for any kind of sensitivity. If you're like me, you'll be asking yourself what does astringent even mean?! Apparently most toners contain glycerin or glycol, basically the ingredients that penetrate deeper into your skin and give your skin added moisture, while astringents remove excess oil from your skin. These can dry out your skin, so they are definitely not suited for dry skin.

I have combination skin which also gets very dehydrated, especially in colder month. So I was most excited to see, if this really eliminates excess sebum around my nose and chin. I've also heard from some users that this made their pores look smaller.

It contains only three ingredients: water, zinc sulfate and sodium chloride (salt). 

I have been using it for about two weeks in place of my usual hydrating toner. I have to say that I didn't notice any major difference with my skin. I still got oily through the day around my t-zone, especially nose and chin (as I always do). It didn't dry out my skin either (but if you have dry skin I don't recommend you using it), my pores didn't look particularly smaller and I didn't notice it feeling super soothing. I once had some irritated spots and it didn't make redness go away any quicker than usual.

It feels very wet on the skin and once it dries you may get a tight feeling, if you're skin is not oily all over. That's why it's also hard to apply it only on certain parts, as the spray mist is just so wet and heavy. If you accidentally lick it, you'll notice it tastes exactly like salty water you might lick off your lips once you've come out of the sea. 



In all honesty, I expected it to at least make my skin less oily and maybe vanish red patches quickly, but I didn't notice much difference with it. Maybe it's not for my skin, since I don't have a very oily skin type with acne. I think skin types with acne, oily and sensitive skin will benefit from it more. It would probably ne a nice refreshing mist in summer months, since I love spraying my face with mists on hot sweaty days. So it wasn't for me, but it may be for your skin type. If you've tried it, let me know how you got along with it.

I am giving away one of these travel sizes on my Instagram, so if you'd like to win it go over there. It's open for Slovenia residents only. 

*PR product

4 comments

  1. Po mojem bi bilo tole super za mojo kožo. Že nekaj časa sem namreč tudi iskala kak dober tonik v razpršilu ... ampak, glede na to, da praviš, da je pršenje kar močno bom mogoče še malo počakala. :D Ni mi všeč, če je moj obraz po nanosu tonika ful moker, pa še suši se celo večnost. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mogoče bi ti res ustrezal. Ja, precej prši. No mene sicer to sušenje tako grozno ne moti, bolj to, da imam potem še lase mokre, če ne pazim kje špricam. :D Saj se vpije, samo je treba malo počakat :).

      Delete
  2. I used this product until the end and I have oily skin and acne and this product did nothing. It was like using thermal water! xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than I don't understand the hype around this products. I thought it was just not for my skin. Shame. But thank you for let me know how it worked for you.
      xx

      Delete