January 2016 Favorites

Hey Beauties!

So this is a first. I never posted monthly favorites before, but since I absolutely love certain products and I can't feature them more often on my blog, I decided to finally do this. In my favorites you'll find products that I've been using a lot through the month and that have been a staple. This way you'll get the general idea of the products that I really love. I am not sure, if I have too many products in this post, but hey, it's what I've been liking, so who cares.



I've been loving this in colder days. It's just another layer of moisture. I like to spray this on my face before using serums and cream, which makes it feel like I lock some moisture in. It's also refreshing and a great easy no effort layer of moisture, when you're sitting in the room all day. That central heating can really do some damage to your skin. 



As with Melvita floral water, I also need to use this up. Both have fairly short expiring dates and I don't usually finish a product. I decided that I must finish it in the right time, because I just tend to use many different products at once. This is such a good multipurpose oil. I've been using it on my body, especially on the upper part, where I get very dry patches in the winter. I like that it's a very pure form of oil, which means no irritation for my sensitive dry skin. It's great and it really helped my skin keep the moisture after the shower.


Essence LE Love Joy Care Intensive Care Hand Butter

I've been delaying this review for so long. It's just been so much product reviews lately and I'm not even sure, if I will write it, because it's obviously not in stores anymore. This is one of the best hand creams. I really like it, because it's not heavy or greasy, but it moisturizes your hands and it feels like a thinner version of butter and cream mixed together. The smell is a bit funky to me. It should be cotton milk scented and to me it smells like Play-Doh. The thing I like the most about it, is the fact that it's not irritating. Many heavily scented hand creams can irritate my very dry skin, which is a nightmare. Not this one.



I've been "saving" this for special occasion, but then I got tired of saving it all. Why do I do this? On most of the packaging it says to use up in 6 months and then I just use it for too long, because I'm saving it for those never-to-come special days. I forgot how much I like this. It has such a good coverage and it could easily be used as a foundation, if you thin it out. Since my skin has been acting up in the past month, I've been loving this fuller coverage. Especially on my red-ish cheeks and under the eyes for a brightening effect. 



One of my favorite blush shades. It's just such a nice brownish peach and it looks very natural on me. I like it because it's matte and on the days when I go all out with highlighter (who am I kidding, I do that all the time!), I like to balance it with a matte blush. I especially like to pair this shade with more neutral looks, because I don't really like bright pinkish or red blushes. It looks too unnatural on me. 


Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion

I got this from Nadja, because she had one extra tester. I've been testing it out in January and oh my God! It's so good! I am not a fan of very thin formula, which doesn't actually covers anything on your lids, but boy does this last. I haven't noticed my eyeshadows being particularly more vivid, but they stayed the same all day. No creasing, nothing. I do get a bit of creasing through the day with Avon primer, but not with this one. I am not sure if this is just because of the cold outside and the fact that I don't sweat a lot these days, so I'll have to test it in warmer days too.


Essence All About Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

This I got as a gift from Tatjana, because nude is just not her cup of tea. It is totally mine. I love this palette. Especially the upper row, because it has warmer neutral browns. The first shade is great all over shade and the second and third are amazing for the crease. I almost always use brown matte shades in my crease and this palette has such nice light warm brown shades. I've definitely been using it a lot. Although I don't care much for other shades in the palette, especially not cooler taupe shades. 


Diamond Beauty Eyeliner

I got a chance to work with one of the companies that has Japanese makeup brands - Japan Skin and I was ecstatic. Asian market has such an amazing makeup products and no one does better eyeliners than Japan. Since I tried it, I've used it every single day. I know this should probably be in my February favorites, because I haven't been using it all month, but I just had to include it here. It has a brush like pen form and it's so thin. You can do the most precise piece of art with this. It's black and once it sets it doesn't move all day. I'm definitely never again buying eyeliners from our drugstores. 



NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Stockholm

My favorite matte liquid lipstick. The formula is so lightweight and non drying. It's one of the most comfortable matte lipstick formulas. I love the shade. It's perfect my kind of warm peachier brown. I've been using it a lot and it's also so easy to put on. I just apply it straight from the applicator and it's very even. I'll do a full review soon.



My fake Real Techniques metallic brushes from Ebay are all amazing, but I've been especially loving contour brush. It's just so easy to contour with it. I just press it under my cheek bone and tap it slightly down to my nose. It gives you an instant contour with a very nicely blended line. So easy. 


Avon Mesmerize Perfume

I like the black version, but I love the blue one more. It's been a while since I've been using very sweet fragrances, like Britney Spears. I've neglected them and I guess the joy of using them came back to me. This is such a sweet white peach and sandalwood scent. It also has pink peony in it, but I don't smell it much (or maybe I just choose to ignore it). It's one of those really sweet scents and I've been loving it so much. Sandalwood makes it more long lasting and a bit more sophisticated, but I just love a strong sweet punch of white peach in the beginning.


Face Paint by Lisa Eldridge

I haven't been as excited about a book in a long time. This is such an easy read. It's about history of makeup. I've already read half of it and I love it. I especially like all amazing facts from the history and quotes about beauty. I'll definitely do a full review of my favorite facts and lines from this book, but today I'll leave you with this:

"True lovers of beauty do not attempt to paint the lily or add perfume to the rose; but as rose and the lily need rain and sunshine to blossom forth in pristine freshness and fragrance, so do we mortals require the little accessories of the toilette to look our radiant best."

14 comments

  1. Diamond Beauty Eyeliner se sliši super! :D bi ga mogla prečekirati,ker mi je artdecojevega eyelinera zmanjkalo :/ melvitino vodico,pa to arganovo olje pa mam tud že na wishlisti :) čopič za konturiranje pa je itak super! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni je odličen. Res natančen :) Melvitina vodica je res vsestranski izdelek, olje pa je prav tako odlično za suho kožo :). Ja čopič is everythings! ;)

      Delete
  2. Eyeliner in blush gresta na mojo wishlisto. :) Super objava! Jaz objave takšnega tipa vedno preberem z največjim veseljem. IN potem updejtam wishlisto, ki je polna stvari, ki so super, vendar jih pravzaprav zares sploh ne rabim. Ughhh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :) To je res..take objave so priročne, ker so tukaj res izdelki, ki jih zelo rade uporabljamo torej jih tudi priporočamo :D. Ah saj vem kako je...vedno si nekaj želim, pa sploh ne rabim :D

      Delete
  3. Melvita, arganovo olje: TOP:), Essence paletko ima sicer v rose odtenkih in je glede na ceno ful dobro pigmentirana in je ful lepo delat z njo:), eyeliner me pa spominja na mojega od Oriflame Stylo, ki ima tako konico in je tk debest delat z njim, simpl, da bolj skor ne bi moglo bit:).NYX pa imam že dolgo nagledan en odtenek rožnat, ampak pred majem vem,da ga ne bomkupila. In welcome in monthly favourites:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz imam tudi Rose in Nude :). Se strinjam s tabo. O super, sem mislila, da pri nas nimamo sploh takih eyelinerjev. Sploh ne tako natančnih. :)

      Hehe hvala ;)

      Delete
  4. Ooo mela bi tola arganevo olje in eyeliner! Kar se tiče "šparanja" izdelkov sem pa ista, skos čakam na neke bolj posebne priložnosti, nakonci se pa vse ta dobre stvari pokvarijo :D
    xx
    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, potem si ista kot jaz. Včasih je res brez veze šparat, ker itak na koncu vsega ne moremo porabiti in izdelkom tudi rok poteče oziroma se formula poslabša. :)

      Delete
  5. Arganovo olje + Melvita tudi moji stalni favoriti <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. S tem Mesmerize me že cel mesec dražiš :D Pa kakšen H&M blush moram tudi sprobat, samo se mi ne da v Ljubljano, ker je vedno toliko za delat.
    Še ena tukaj, ki bolestno špara tadobre stvari. Si grem sama sebi na živce :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha pa še res je :D Ja očitno boš morala probat ;) No ko boš imela šanso pa preveri kakšnega. To vodi v pogubo..zdaj se mi je nabralo izdelkov za lase in sem tudi gledal tiste priporočene mesece uporabe..meni itak vse preteče. Ne smem več šparat, moram več uporabljat..I can be fabulous every day :D

      Delete
  7. Super za UD Primer, ampak ne odgovarjam za posledice na bančnem računu, če se odločiš za nakup, ko porabiš tester :P
    MAC korektor imam tudi jaz, ampak v drugem odtenku in je super (imam ga že več kot eno leto, tako da je čas da ga porabim).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh zaenkrat še ne. Ni budgeta, enkrat pa ziher :D Moj je tudi že najmanj eno leto star. I'm the worst. :D Če bi se držala vseh teh navodil na embalažah, bi pol makeupa mogla zmetat stran :/.

      Delete