Review: Look by Bipa Matte Camouflage Concealer - 010 Light

I think we are always searching for that perfect foundation or concealer. I definitely do. It's hard to come by a very light concealer shade in our drugstores which mostly sell products for medium skin tones. That's why I am so happy to share with you my new find. Look by Bipa Matte Camouflage Concealer is my new favorite concealer. 


Packaging

It comes in a transparent matte packaging with silver details. It closes nicely and the product doesn't spill around the closing. 

In it is 7 ml of product and it costs 3.25€. You can buy it in Bipa stores in Austria and Croatia. I don't know where else you can find Bipa drugstores. 



It has a doe foot applicator that holds enough product for a light application. I usually dip in one more time, if I want more coverage under the eyes as well as on the face. Applicator is fluffy and is my favorite way of applying concealer, because it's precise



Formula

It has a thicker formula that has a nice creaminess to it and it spreads with ease. You can really blend it out, because it doesn't dry too fast and has an emollient base to it. When it dries down it has a matte finish with a more natural sheen. I wouldn't say it's deadly matte. 

It has great pigmentation. It has a high medium coverage, but not completely full. I've tried it on my boyfriend's tattoos and it doesn't cover them, so it's not a full coverage in my book. But you can definitely use it to cover up pimples and redness.

Performance

It needs a bit of time to dry down completely, which is nice, because it allows you to spread it and blend it out. Once it dries down, it doesn't move. I use this under the eyes as well and don't have a problem with it creasing. I also always set it with a light touch of powder as I do with all concealers.

In general it has a descent lasting power. It stays on my under eye for the whole day, just fades a bit. It only disappears on my oily parts, which is the usual for me with most of my concealers. 

I didn't see it looking weird over dry parts of my face, but consider that it's a matte formula and if you have very dry flaky skin, it might look too drying on you. I don't have a problem with it, not even under the eyes that is generally drier than the rest of my face. 


Color

Bipa has this concealer only in two shades - 010 and 020. Both shades are suited for fair to light skin tones, so there isn't any variety of shades for someone that is darker than NC20 to NC25. 

010 Light is a neutral fair shade. It doesn't have yellow undertone in it, but it also isn't pink. It seems pretty neutral, but it dries down to a slight peachy undertone. It oxidizes on my hands, but doesn't do that on my face. Oxidation on my hands happens to me with most of concealers, but it doesn't affect the wear of them on my face. I think this shade will be suitable for fair to light skin tones that want something neutral. I have a warm skin tone, but can get away with wearing it, because my skin is generally very light in colder months and I like a bit of a highlighted look that you can create with concealer.



Comparison

I also did a comparison with some other concealer shades that I own. Look by Bipa Matte Camouflage Concealer in 010 Light is the most neutral looking out of all of these. It doesn't have any prominent undertone and it's also the lightest shade. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair is just very slightly darker and has more of a peach undertone in it which is noticeable upon the first application. Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in 005 Light Natural is the most yellow toned shade, but also very light. Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in 010 Porcellain is slightly darker and looks much more brown than all the other shades. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 is also more of a yellow toned shade, but not as yellow as 005 by Catrice - but still light. 


Closest Dupe

In terms of formula it's very similar to Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Collection is just slightly thicker and it's not as spreadable. It also dries down a lot faster, so you don't have a lot of play time with it. Shades are not that similar. Collection seems a bit more peach toned and just slightly darker. But in general, the coverage is very similar. I can't pinpoint which one has better coverage. If you're looking for something similar to Collection Lasting Perfection, this is it. It might be easier to get for some of you, as the Collection is almost impossible to get your hands on here. 


I wanted to show you how well it covers my under eye area. I have a light skin tone which means you can see more of my veins and discoloration that is underneath the skin's surface. My under eyes area is not too dark, but needs covering and with this concealer I can do that quickly without needing to layer and cake it on too much. I also love the fact that it is so light, because I can almost highlight my under eyes with it.

I also use it over the blemishes, because it covers well and to cover my sallowness around the mouth or any other red patches on the face. 


I think this is one of the best drugstore concealers, because it has good coverage and fairly descent staying power. I also love the fact that it's so light in color, because most of our drugstore concealers are too dark for light or fair skin tones and you can't really highlight with them. It has a matte finish with a slight sheen, but it still doesn't look too cakey or drying. The price is very affordable and if you can get it, I highly recommend you to try it out. I only advise you to stay away from it, if you have very dry flaky skin. It might make you look even drier.

Catrice Liquid Camouflage is one of my favorites, but I've just been reaching for this one more ever since I got it. It has better coverage and is even lighter in shade, which is perfect for colder months. But if you have dry skin, you might prefer Catrice one. 

4 comments

  1. Bere se super, sploh, če je tako podoben opevanemu korektorju od Collection :D Saj ne vem, kaj sem pričakovala za ceno, glede na to, da je od Bipe, ampak me je presenetilo, da je tako poceni. Si morem označit, da ga ne bom pozabila kupiti naslednjič, ko bom v Avstriji :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz sem bila kar presenečena kako všeč mi je. Nisem pričakovala tako dobrega korektorja, sploh za to ceno. Ampak od kar je Bipa naredila prenovo svoje ponudbe, se mi zdi, da so izdelki veliko boljši. Vsekakor priporočam, da ga preizkusiš. Tudi če ti ne bo všeč, ni tako drag, da bi ti bilo žal :).

      Delete
  2. Se strinjam s tabo - to je v bistvu ista stvar kot Collection korektor. Uporabljam ga vsak dan odkar si mi ga poslala (hvala :) ) in mi odtenek bolj paše kot oba Collection in Catrice, ker je najbolj nevtralen. Prekrije v redu, kot praviš se ne posuši takoj, je boljši od Catrice in presenetljivo odlično ostane na mozoljih. Sem bila kar presenečena, ko so bili ob koncu dneva še prekriti. Super stvarca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me veseli, da ti je všeč :). To je zdaj res ena dobra alternativa dobro prekrivnega korektorja. Tega bom lažje dobila kot Collection. Kot praviš, ta odtenek je res najbolj nevtralen. Spet prednost za več različnih podtonov polti :). Zdaj samo upajmo, da ga ne bodo ukinili. Jaz sem šla kupit že drugega, ker sem prvega skoraj porabila. Odkar ga imam, ga vsak dan uporabljam :).

      Delete