Review: L'Oreal Fine Flowers Gel-Cream Wash Dry & Sensitive Skin

L'Oreal came out with this Fine Flowers skin care range. I haven't seen any of these products in our drugstores, so I'm assuming we don't have it in Slovenia. But I did find it in Austria as well as online stores. I bought Gel-Cream Wash on a whim, because it was on sale and sounded good. A quest to find the perfect washing gel comes over me every summer. Some cleansing milks just feel to heavy and I want something that does the job, but doesn't feel too heavy or leave my skin dry feeling.


It comes in a half pink and half transparent tube. The tube is slim and long which means it will start falling off your shelf as soon as you touch it. But I like the practical tube packaging anyway.

In it is 150 ml of product and the regular price is 4.79€ on Feelunique. I bought it there, but when it was on sale, so it cost me 3.36€.


The opening is small enough and it doesn't spill the product all over, which is nice. 


Here is the ingredients list. 

L'Oreal says that the wash contains extracts of rose and jasmine flowers. It should make your skin soft, comfortable and fresh. The gel-cream texture emulsifies in the water and creates creamy foam that cleanses and softens the skin without drying it out.

Rose is known for its soothing and comforting properties and jasmine for protective and moisturizing properties. 

It also doesn't contain any alcohol or soap.


The gel-cream is actually like a mix of thinner milk and classic gel. It's pearly white and very runny. Once you massage it in the skin with a bit of water, it turns into a milky white consistency that foams, but not too much. 

I like it, because it doesn't sting my eyes. It has a subtle soothing scent and I don't smell any flowers, which I like. On the skin it feels soothing, but also efficient in removing leftover makeup. I do a double cleanse, so oil cleanser and then this. I also use it in the morning to wash off any leftover dirt and product and it does the job well. I wouldn't use it as a first cleanse when removing makeup, although you can and it does remove it well with a bit more effort.

After I wash it off, my skin is left feeling clean, fresh, soft and not dry nor does it have any nourishing layer on top (like some cleansing milks tend to leave behind). It's a perfect cleanser for hot summery month in that it feels lightweight, does the job and doesn't dry out your skin. I have sensitive skin in general, but it's less irritated in the summer. This cleanser doesn't irritate my skin right now, but I can't say for sure for those of you with really sensitive skin.


The Fine Flowers range includes products like facial wipes, cleansing toner, cleansing milk and cleansing balm. Most of these products also have two versions, one for dry and sensitive skin and one for normal to combination skin.

I have to say I like it. It cleans well, feels lightweight, doesn't irritate and doesn't dry out my skin. What more could I wish for?! It's perfect for hot summer months as a morning cleanse or a second cleanse in the evening. The price point is also quite nice. 

4 comments

  1. Oh I need to try this!

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll like it. I was surprised how nice it was for my skin :)

      Delete
  2. I purchased this but I have an oily t zone. Wonder if this will do the job. The packaging lured me into buying this lol. It’s just so pretty I can’t resist myself from getting it.

    awomansmodedevie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using this product for years. Quite a bit more expensive at the grocery or drug store. I can usually get a very good price at Bed Bath & Beyond even without their 20% off coupons. When I found it at such a steal at Amazon I bought it right away. I like this so much better than similar Olay face washes which have a tendency to leave a feeling of something left on your skin. You only need a very small dab of the L'Oreal wash, lathers up very nicely, thoroughly cleans and does not leave a feeling of a film left on your face. My face feels very soft, does not dry my skin. Safe around your eyes so I use it to remove eye makeup as I wash my face. When I see an opportunity to buy at a very good price I buy as many as I can.
    https://linhcorner.com/product-category/beauty-health/skincare/

    ReplyDelete