Bronzy

I have a fair skin tone, but once I go on vacation to the sea, the sun always tans me a bit. I reapply SPF often and use SPF 30 on my body, but somehow still get pretty tanned. My face stays almost the same color as I use SPF 50 and wear a hat. This is the only time in the whole year that I have a chance to try out darker foundations and really play up that bronzed makeup look that I love so much. So I decided to do just that, another bronzy makeup look. I just love these shades so much.


I kept the eye makeup pretty simple with just a few shades. On the crease and a bit above it I used a mixture of warm brown and a yellow brown. I usually keep my crease colors matte to give it more depth. Then I applied shimmery darker gold shade on the lid and blended it a bit into my crease. Because the eyeshadow colors are warm and light, I wanted to add definition with a softer brown liquid liner. I extended the wing out and made it a bit more elongated looking. 


I applied the same mixture of matte browns around the lower lash line. In the inner corner I used a champagne light gold shimmer shade, which I also used as a highlighter on the face. I also used brown mascara to keep the look in that warm softer scheme.


The eye makeup is warm and it reflects that sun glow from the summer. It looks simple, yet dimensional. 


When you have a natural tan and you're trying to mimic this on your face, use a bronzer that has a slight redish undertone. I mixed one more greyish redish toned bronzer with a shimmery yellow toned bronzer to get that perfect natural sun tanned look. If you keep it completely matte, it won't look as natural, so use a bronzer that has a bit of natural sheen to it. Highlighter will look amazing on darker complexion and I applied it on tops of the cheeks, above the brow arch, on the center of the nose and on my upper lip. I chose a champagne golden color with small shimmer. For this look I skipped blush, because I wanted it to look very natural glowy and bronzed. Blush would distract from that bronzy look. But if you have a more redish fresh sunburn, then incorporate a bit of natural pink blush to make it look more realistic. 


To bring this look out and make it really vibrant for that summer feel, I used a bright orange toned red. You can choose which ever bright red shade suits you most. To keep the look more effortless looking, I applied lipstick with my finger and almost made it look smudged. Keeping the outer line softer will make you look more modern and playful.




Gold and orange are my favorite colors and this makeup reflects the kind of makeup colors that I like the most. It compliments sun kissed tan and makes you look naturally glowy. 


Products used

Face:
Paese Liquid Powder Double Skin Aqua Foundation - 20A
Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer - 020
Paese Rice Powder
Misslyn Beach Please! Bronzing & Contouring Powder - 51 Holiday Hooray!
Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer - Bronzer
theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

Eyes:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original
Zoeva Caramel Melange - Wax Paper
Zoeva Caramel Melange - Universal Delight + Nabla - Caramel 
Colourpop Super Shock Shadow - Kathleenlights
Clio Kill Brown Waterproof Brush Liner - 02 Brown
Maybelline Lash Sensational - Brown
theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

Lips:
MAC Lady Danger

8 comments

  1. Čudovit makeup in Lady Danger ti noro paše! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :) <3 Ta odtenek je res en moji najljubših :D.

      Delete
  2. You are gorgeous!! I freakin love your lip color!

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolina :) <3 I'm quite in love with this shade too :).

      Delete
  3. This looks gorgeaus & you are very beautiful! Nice make up look! :3

    xx
    Monia ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Čudovita! Odtenek šminke je noro dober.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Neža :) <3 To je res moja najljubša rdeča. Perfektan za poletje :D.
      xx

      Delete