Review: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor - 600 HD Devotion

Revlon is one of those brands that I haven't explored much yet and it's mostly because I can't get it in my city. The products that I've tried so far, have all been impressive. I like their nail polishes, adore Colorstay foundation, loved lip butters and now I've added another great lip formula to my collection.


Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor comes in a matte looking plastic transparent packaging with silver details. I like their rounded square design and simplistic look. 

In it is 5.9 ml of product and the price is around 12€


It has a flat applicator, which goes into a cone shape, if you look at it from the side. This makes the application nice and you can apply it really precise without the need of using additional brush. I usually dip in again, because I like a heavier application. 



Shade 600 HD Devotion is warm medium muted pink. On me it has a bit of that mauve undertone, but it looks pretty much like a warm pink.


I have a few similar pinks in my collection. Avon Plump It lipstick in Rose Kisses is lighter and brighter pink. Avon Plump It lipstick in Uptown Pink looks the most similar in shade. It's just slightly darker than Devotion and has a bit more of that berry purple tint to it. Avon True Supreme Nourishing lipstick in Nourishing Pink is darker and slightly more red toned pink. 


Formula is very creamy, pigmented and feels really comfortable on the lips. It's so pigmented and thick that if you apply heavy coat, it may start to gather in the inner corners. It's one of those formulas that you can feel on the lips, but it's like a luscious lip balm. I adore how nourishing this feels and it doesn't dry out the lips at all. With one swipe you can cover entire lips.

At first it's really creamy and has quite a lot of shine to it, but as you wear it more, it becomes matter. That being said, it becomes completely matte, but it may take you even as long as an hour, if you apply a heavier coat. By no means is this a typical matte liquid lipstick formula. To me it feels more like a pigmented liquid lipstick that becomes matte with wear. On the bottom photo you can see how shiny it is at the first application and then it becomes completely matte. 

It doesn't accentuate dry patches and it's actually perfect for those of you that have naturally drier lips like me. 


Once it dries, it's very long lasting. I can even eat with it and if you're careful, you won't need to reapply it. It transfers a bit, because it's not that cement dry texture. Through the day it fades evenly.

It also has such a pleasant sweet scent to it. I can't really describe of what it smells like, but for some reason it reminds me of cookies and strawberry ice cream. 


The formula is a joy to wear for all of us that have naturally dry lips. It's a bit annoying that you have to wait so long for it to become matte, but it's so comfortable that I forgive it. Applicator is precise and the packaging is lovely. Scent is amazing and it has a long wear time. This shade of pink is the kind of pink that I love the most besides a really bright one. It's a very wearable muted pink that still gives you a lot of color. As I am a nude lover, I would love to get my hands on other shades like Seduction and Forever, but I have a feeling I have similar shades in my collection. The color range has been expended and there is a good amount of basic pinks, reds, purples and nudes for every taste.

For a second opinion on Devotion shade go on Mateja's post. She's the one that kindly gifted it to me and she definitely knows what kind of formulas I like. Thank you Mateja. :)

2 comments

  1. Oh ja, vonj je fantastičen <3 Ga že zaradi tega večkrat primem v roke. Zdaj sem šla swatchat vse odtenke, celo imamo vse nove v NM in mi je Seduction krasen. Kisses me ni tako pritegnil v živo, mi je pa še Passions lep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res je. Redko katera šminka tako dobro diši :D. Meni je tudi Seduction ljubši. Mi je kolegica pokazala Forever v živo, pa je malo bolj mauve based in se mi zdi dokaj podoben NYX Stockholmu. Nočem se ponavljati z odtenki, ki jih že imam v zbirki. Meni pa so tisti oranžkasto rdeči čudoviti, ampak vem da jih ne bi nosila dovolj glede na ceno :).

      Delete