April 2017 Favorites

I'm currently in the phase of trying out new products every day, so I have a few new ones that impressed me to share with you, as well as some oldies that I've brought back out. 



Colab Dry Shampoo Paradise 

The first time I tried it I was underwhelmed. It seemed to give me nice scent, but didn't really degrease my hair. It's definitely not as powerful in oil absorption as Batiste and I wouldn't use it on the days when my hair is really greasy. It's more for those days when you can't decide if you need to wash the hair or not yet. Because it doesn't leave any white residue, but it adds a bit of texture. It makes the hair slightly fluffier and slightly cleaner looking. I also love it as a good hair spray for the hair, as it has a nice tropical fruity scent. 

L'Oreal Elvital Absolue Anti-Shuppen Shampoo

This is the anti-dandruff shampoo from their new Clay line. I've already tried the one for greasy roots and dry ends and liked it as well. I've tried this one now, because I started to get dry flakes of dandruff on the roots. It definitely stopped that and I don't have dandruff anymore. It's a milky white consistency that leathers well and has that typical green apple Fructis scent. I feel like this one makes my hair more squeaky clean than the one for greasy roots and dry ends, but I would expect this from an anti-dandruff shampoo. So I always use moisturizing conditioner after it. L'Oreal has been surprising me with their hair care range and I'm eager to try some of their other products. 


Avon Nutra Effects Velvet Soft Moisture For Body, Face and Hands

I started to use it again, because it's on its last leg and I don't like half used products laying around my drawers. It has light, but moisturizing creamy consistency. I like that it moisturized my body well, but doesn't make it too greasy. It has subtle sleepy scent to it. It's perfect body moisturizer for this season when it's not quite warm yet, but also not cold anymore.


I've been absolutely in love with this scent in the past month. It's such a floral, yet kind of sweet, but very gentle scent. Perfect for spring, as it's a bit lightweight as a cotton candle would feel, but it has a subtle blend of floral notes mixed with something woody to give it sweetness. I don't like typical floral scents at all, but this one is like a comforting scent of a fresh bedding with a splash of sweet flower. 



I can't stop liking this. It's the softest makeup sponge I've ever tried. Sometimes makeup sponges can feel hard as rock and it feels like you're just bouncing it off of your face and it doesn't blend foundation in either. But this one is so soft and it blends foundation lovely. It soaks a bit of it in, but it definitely gives you a natural looking finish. I always use it, even if I apply foundation with a brush, I go in with this to blend any edges or hide brush marks.  

Etude House Deep Moisturizing Ceramide Sheet Mask

I've recently bought some sheet masks from Etude House and I've tried the Ceramide version already. I love it. It has a milky white consistency. The sheet is very saturated with the essence and it's quite thin, so it sticks to the face well. There's also a lot of essence left in the bag, so you can use it the next day as well. This left my skin so soft and plump looking. I have a feeling that milky essences tend to be more nourishing than the other ones with a transparent essence. I also bought Hyaluronic Acid version, which I haven't tried yet. 



Well of course this one ended up in my favorites. Not only because of the name, but I really like this matte redish brown shade. It has nice pigmentation and blends well. I love it as a crease shades, but almost prefer to wear it on its own all over the lid. There's just something about red based warm eyeshadows that go so well with my eye color. Even thought the shade feels more like a fall shade, I still love it now.

Physicians Butter Bronzer - Bronzer

This is the first time in years that I've found a bronzer that can be applied so effortlessly and can look so good on light skin tone. It has wet buttery formula that just seems to melt under your fingers when you touch it. The shade Bronzer is definitely warm toned, but has that hint of greyness to it, that you can see while looking at it in the pan. It applies like a dream. Pigmentation is great and I always use a light hand with it, because I want it to look lighter on the skin. It suits my light warm skin tone very well and looks really natural. It has tiny shimmer in it which is actually almost undetectable, but it gives the skin such a lovely natural sheen. Can I talk about the smell? It smells like intense pina colada, more pineapple than actual coconut. It gives me so much joy when I apply it, just like my Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette. This is definitely one of the best purchases I've made recently.


I'm all about nude lip pencils with creamy non-drying formula and this one is my new favorite. It's a warm peach toned nude that goes with everything and it's just slightly darker than my natural lip color. I love how creamy it is, yet you can still define the lips with it. It wear well and doesn't dry out my lips. Total winner in my opinion.


When I wrote a review of pen and brush version, I said that I prefer the brush version, because it gives me more precision and I can make thinner lines. But sometimes this also means that you have to be more precise with the actual application and go over the line a few times. While with pen versions, you can create the wing faster, but it's not as thin. I must have become lazier, because I have been reaching for this version more. It seems like it does the job quickly. It has nicely saturated sponge applicator tip and it also applies color more evenly. The finish has a slight sheen, which I don't actually mind. It stays on the eyelids the whole day and doesn't smudge.



I remember when this shade came out years ago and I saw it on Lisa Eldridge in one of her videos. This is my favorite yellow nail polish shade ever. It's like a milky light yellow that looks good in the winter to bring some brightness to your tired skin, as well as a pop of color in the summer to compliment the tan. To me it's the perfect spring shade, as it's still more pastel, but already gives you a nice pop of something colorful and bright. The formula is opaque in two coats. 
Source

Fast and Furious 8  - The Fate of the Furious

Spoiler Alert!

I've been watching Fast and Furious movies ever since they first came out. In the beginning it was all about the cars and racing. Through the years these movies have evolved into featuring more and more special effects to help create unbelievable car chases and scenes. It has also become more dramatic. I feel like every movie these days try to have a bit of comedy, drama and action in it. The latest one has been even more dramatic and the car scenes have been even more unbelievable, but I've adored the scene with Jason Statham and the baby Brian at the end of the movie the most. It was my movie highlight.  I love Jason Statham as an actor and watching his serious face trying to be playful with an adorable baby was really cute. 

8 comments

  1. Odličen izbor. H&M gobica, upam, da jo kje ulovim, Physicians Butter Bronzer, pa moj izbor za poletje, kljub temu, da uporabljam sedaj večino časa The Balm Bahama Mama, ki povleče na meni na toplo (vendar ima siv podton), mi sedaj precej ustreza. Mene malo bronzerja, naredi kar bolj živo, zdravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :). H&M gobica je res nujna, če so ti všeč za nanašanje podlage. Bronzer je pri meni v vsakodnevni uporabi. Kot praviš, ti da življenje. Sploh moji drugače precej svetli polti. Vse skupaj res lepo poživi. Jaz pa ne vem kako bo Butter Bronzer poleti, zaradi tega sheena, ker se takrat precej bolj potim. Upam, da bo še vedno super :).

      Delete
  2. Colab sem videla pri tebi na IG in šibala v Mullerja ga iskat, samo kaj ko sem potem zagledala Batiste z ogromnim popustom in se potem nisem mogla pripravit do tega da bi dala 2x več za Colab. Zdaj ko berem tole sem kar vesela, zveni sicer lušno, ampak moji lasje rabijo to kar naredi Batiste :)
    Butter Bronzer me pa noro daje, samo se bojim da na meni nebi prišel do izraza...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To se pa ravno spomnim, ker je bil res takrat Batiste znižan, pa me je vseeno matral firbec za Colab :D. Potem rabiš bolj resno razmaščevanje kot jaz. Colab je resno bolj za "dobre" dni.
      Ti imaš kar temnejšo polt in bi znal biti res presvetel zate. Kolikor vem sta itak samo dva odtenka, ta in še en svetlejši. Če pa ga imaš kje šanso preizkusit, pa daj. Mogoče bo pa ravno dovolj ;).

      Delete
  3. Toliko časa se že upiram temu bronzerju, pa ga bom morala verjetno res kupit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post!

    I've been looking into the L'Oreal Elvital Absolue Anti-Dandruff Shampoo but haven't known if it works!
    Clearly it does! i may need to make a post about it. Have you heard of the Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo?
    It's cured my dandruff so fast! Check out my review of it! http://killyourdandruff.com/

    ReplyDelete