Review: Colourpop Super Shock Shadow - Moonwalk and Game Face

Colourpop is one of those brands that everyone's been raving about and up until recently, they didn't send to our country. That has finally changed. The next shock was their high delivery costs. I believe they've changed these too now. When they had free international shipping, I finally placed an order. Because I couldn't decided among so many lip choices, I went for two eyeshadow shades that looked the most unique for my collection.


I ordered Colourpop Super Shock Shadows in Moonwalk and Game Face. Colourpop shadows come in round pot with white plastic packaging. Their limited editions have different colored packaging. It has transparent lid with a holographic writing. They warn you to close it well after each use, because if not, the product can dry out. 

In each is 2.1 grams of product and it costs 5$. I bought it Colourpop site.



Game Face

It's described as ultra-metallic intense penny copper. Colourpop has different finishes and this one is Ultra Metallic. It has quickly became one of my favorite eyeshadows shades ever. It definitely has metallic finish. The base seems to be like a medium brown, but it has a warm copper metallic sheen. It's very shiny and very pigmented with just one swipe.

Moonwalk

It's described as pearlized rusty orange with a yellow-green duo chrome flip. This one is in Pearlized finish which is kind of pearly and sheerer. It gives off intense sheen, but it's not metallic, rather a more pearly sheen. It's one of the most mind boggling shades. The base of it looks like a warm orange brown. Duo chrome sheen on top is so strong that you don't really get to see the base underneath. The sheen looks like a mix of yellow gold and a light green. If you apply this shade all over the lid it will look like you have different shades on the lid, depending on where the light hits it. Pigmentations is also good, but be aware that it's a sheerer formula, great for applying over other shades.

Colourpop is known for their unique textures and I was surprised when I swatched these. It feels like a cream, looks like a whipped mousse and transfers on the skin like a powder. The most odd texture, but it works. 

Application can be a bit tricky because of the texture. I find that this doesn't really work with eye brushes. If you want to apply it with a fluffy brush, you can't even pick it up. You need flat dense brush to almost scoop it out. Sometimes I even created bumps in the eyeshadow, because I was just pushing eyeshadow from one side of the pot to another. Fingers are your best friend with these. They pick up color well and you can really build it up to fully opaque look.

You can apply these really sheer or really pack them on for intense color. Once these are on the lid, you can blend out the edges with a fluffier brush. 

I always use eyeshadow primer underneath any eyeshadows and these are really long lasting with it. At least now in colder months. I have a feeling that they might crease a bit in hot sweaty summer days. Once I also wore Game Face without a primer (because I forgot to take it with me) and it creased by the end of the day and also faded a bit. But with an eye primer, you're good to go.

As always swatches are without eye primer on my bare skin. Unfortunately, you can't see the gorgeous sheen as pretty as it looks like in real life.


I looked for dupes and didn't find any, but here are some shades to compare. Moonwalk is so unique that I don't have any dupe. I did swatch it next to Zoeva Mixed Metals in Neo Brass. Moonwalk has similar green sheen to it, but it's in fact even more neon green looking and very metallic. Definitely a brighter green that stands out. 

Game Face is another unique shade in my collection. I compared it to Zoeva Caramel Melange in Liquid Center which seems very similar in finish. It's in fact even more metallic and more pigmented than Game Face. The shade is brighter than Game Face and a true copper with more of that orange tint to it, while Game Face has a fairly brownish base. I also tried to find similar shade in I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate palette. Shade Frosted Choc looked like a similar brown base of Game Face, but is a lot less pigmented, less metallic and more of a true warm brown than a copper. It also seems cooler than both of other shades. 


Moonwalk

I applied Moonwalk all over the lid. In the crease I used Zoeva Cocoa Blend Substitute For Love, which is a light warm matte brown. This shade is great for adding a pop of interest to boring shades. Because it's sheerer, I love to apply it on top of other shades when I want something a bit more shiny. It also looks great on its own, because it looks different on the lid, in the crease...it's all about how the light hits it. I love those shades that give you so much dimension. 






Game Face

I applied Game Face all over the lid and into the crease. This shade is absolutely gorgeous. Whenever I want a rich metallic shade, I go for this. It looks great on its own and makes you look like you've put a lot of effort into your eye makeup. Definitely one of my new favorites. If you love warm toned metallic shadow, you'll adore this.







Colourpop Super Shock shadows are a total new winners in my book. Even though they have such an odd creamy texture, it transfers on the lid like a powder. They are long lasting, have incredible sheen and I adore their color ranges. I think the one thing that just wins in my book, is the fact that they have so many different finishes and unique colors. You can get stuck in a nude color palettes and as a owner of many such palettes, I'm always looking for more unique shades. I can highly recommend shimmery shades. I can't say the same for matte shades, because I haven't tried any and I'm a bit concerned how I would apply this formula in the crease and such.

I already have a long list of other shades that I want to get: White Rabbit, Telepathy. Kathleenlights, Thirsty Girl, On The Rocks, Amaze, Supermodel and Jinxie. 

10 comments

  1. Tudi jaz moram še objaviti njihovo recenzijo, top top top senčke res :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that shades!! I need them. I just own 3 colourpop eyeshadows ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two are my favorites and now I want so many more :D.

      Delete
  3. Joj me mučijo te senčke. Preveč jih hvališ, se že težko upiram :D Sploh tekstura mi zveni zanimivo, pa izgledajo zelo pigmentirane. Moonwalk je res en posebnež :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game Face je na sploh res zelo pigmentirana. meni so res zanimive. Sicer verjetno mat nebi naročila, ker ne vem kako bi jih nanesla, ampak shimmery in metallic pa so zagotovo odlične. Jaz zdaj čakam free shipping - ne vem če dočakam :D. Ja Moonwalk je nekaj čisto drugega v embalaži in potem na vekah. :)

      Delete
  4. Res si izbrala dva čudovita odtenka. Moonwalk v embalaži sploh ne izgleda nič tako posebnega, na vekah pa ful lepo izpade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :). Res je tako. Na očeh bolj prideta do izraza. Moonwalk je res posebnež in zelo dobro izpade kar sam po sebi. :)

      Delete
  5. Waaw, nora odtenka! :O Pa res se lepo "posvetita" na vekah. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A ne? V embalaži pol tako dobro ne izgledata. Game Face je že prav kovinski :).

      Delete