Modern twist on a classic makeup look - Collaboration with Taya - My Little Beauty World

Hey Beauties!

Today I have a very exciting my first ever collaboration with none other than amazing Tatjana from Taya - My Little Beauty World blog. I'm sure most of you already know her. She is definitely the best Slovenian makeup looks inspiration. I find her daring and inspiring. She loves colorful makeup and has been getting more and more into artistic makeup, which inspires me to start doing more of artistic, less wearable makeup looks too. 


A few weeks ago, we finally got together for a drink and I have to say I feel like we are on the same mind level. She is very inspiring and will definitely make you want to wear more color. Recently, she made a post about how people should be more daring, when it comes to makeup. I completely agree with her. You can read it here. Tatjana you're awesome and I hope we get to do this again ;).

It was no-brainer, that we'd do a makeup look collaboration. When I got my new MAC Lady Danger lipstick, we decided it's going to be our mean feature of the makeup, since she also has it. We went for something classic, Hollywood inspired makeup and it turned out to be a modern twist on a classic makeup look. We both, unintentionally, did a cut crease makeup, fierce liner and bold orange red lip. It's more of a modern twist on a classic makeup look. 

I started my makeup look with eye primer. Then I used light matte brown shade and put it above my natural crease. Then I added dark matte chocolate brown in the crease and tried to define it a bit more. Ok, my cut crease is actually still very subtle. 


Then I added a mixture of shimmery peach and gold shade onto the entire lid. I wanted to still go fairly classic, but with a peach tone to it. Then I used the same matte chocolate brown shade and used it in the outer V, to connect it to the crease. Around my lower lash line, I also used light matte brown shade. 


Then I added matte chocolate brown shade only on the outer half. I used black gel eye liner and did a winged liner. After that I applied mascara and put on some natural, but long false lashes. I also added champagne highlighter in the inner corner of the eye.





The star of this makeup look is MAC lipstick in Lady Danger, which is a gorgeous matte orange toned red. I'll do a separate review soon. It's a modern twist on a classic blue toned red lipstick. It makes the whole look a bit more colorful and bright.


On my face, I used foundation with a good coverage.  I used concealer to cover my imperfection and powder to make my face less shiny. Then I used two bronzers, one matte and one shimmery with more of a peach undertone, to compliment the makeup. I also used a bit of light contour shade. Highlighter is a must have for me and I used a very shimmery champagne gold shade. For the blush I also went in the similar color palette, I used peach red blush. 


For a modern twist go with a sleek straight hair. 



But I was inspired by the old Hollywood style and decided to go for curls. It's a different classier approach, if that's what you like better.  



Check Tatjana's post. The lipstick actually looks a lot more orange on her. I'm sure you all know her blog, if not you should. Shame on you :P.


Face:
Revlon Colorstay foundation 150 Buff
Catrice Liquid Camouflage concealer 010 Porcellain
MAC Studio Finish concealer NC15
Catrice Camouflage Cream 020 Light Beige
Elf HD Powder Sheer
Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt&Contour Kit Ultra Fair C01
The Balm Betty-Lou Manizer
Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring palette 010 Ashy Radiance
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
MAC Sheertone Blush Pinch Me

Eyes:
Avon Flawless Eye Primer Light Beige
Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit Ultra Fair C01 (Bronzer)
Sleek Makeup I-Divine Ultra Matts V2 - Paper Bag
Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette Run Boy Run - Don't Have to Hide Away
MUA Undressed palette - Shade 6
Catrice Gel Eye Liner 010 Black Jack With Jack Black
Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying maskara - Black
Born Pretty Store Lashes
Artdeco Adhesive for Lashes and Sparkles

Lips:
MAC Matte lipstick Lady Danger

22 comments

  1. Lepotica pa pol. Kodri ti ful pristajajo. <3 In hvala za vse lepe besede, res mi je lepo, da sva se tako ujeli in seveda upam kmalu spet na kakšo pijačo in klepet. :D Pa seveda obvezno še kakšno sodelovanje. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala <3 Samo resnico sem povedala ;) Veš da, čim prej. Zdaj spet ne bom imela nič za delat doma :)

      Obvezno! :) <3

      Delete
  2. Uau, res super makeup look :) Tale šminka ti super paše in obe s Tatjano sta mi suuuuper blogerki :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iii hvala :) <3 Tatjana je vsekakor največja inspiracija makeupa v Sloveniji :)

      Delete
  3. Sem že pri Tatjani napisala, ampak moram še pri tebi :P Ustvarili sta res lep make up look, če ne bi prebrala bi si mislila da sta se za vso barvno usklajenost in tehniko zmenili in ne le za šminko :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :) Lepo, da si še na mojo objavo skočila ;) <3 A ni hecno? Rekli sva samo nek klasičen look, pa nek Hollywoodu, potem sva pa praktično obe enako naredili :D Očitno isto misliva :)

      Delete
  4. Just discovered your blog on Taya's post and i'm following you right now.
    Great blog, you'll be welcome in my blog if you want to visit it ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kodrčki!! *faints* Zakaj to več ne nosiš? Si kot Hollywoodska diva <3 Prekrasen mejkap, tako kot pri Tatjani. Lady Danger je bila za vaju narejena :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am.. preveč dela?! Pa tudi v živo ne izgleda tako lepo, kot ta moj zrežiran kader :D Hvala Mateja :) <3 Tak komentar od "kraljice" kodrov, mi zelo laska :) A ne? Tatjani ful paše, še bolj ji poudari zeleno v očeh :)

      Delete
    2. Večkrat ko jih boš delala, hitrejša boš :D Jaz naredim v 10 minutah (malo pa se važim :D). Zihr je izgledalo kul, to se samo tebi zdi :) Ne more bit samo en koder lep menda :D
      Res sta krasni s to šminko :)

      Delete
    3. Hehe, sem prepričana, da je tebi to že tako kot ščetkanje zob :). Hehe..saj ni bil samo en koder lep, samo se mi zdi, da mi ne pašejo kodri, sploh k moji huge forhead :D

      Delete
  6. Wau wau in še enkratu wau! Super makeup look-a sta naredili! :) Kodre pa kar imej večkrat, ker ti noro pašejo <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old Hollywood je moj najljubši look in tole je res popolno narejeno <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni je tudi všečen tak look, čeprav zdaj več ni to "in" oz. ni ravno za po cesti nosti :). Hvala :) <3

      Delete
  8. Lušten collab in še en zelo lep look! No, dva :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. those lashes matches your eyes perfectly ... love this classic look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kot sem že Tatjani rekla, prečudovito! Se pa tudi jaz strinjam, da bi morala večkrat nositi kodre. Super ti pristajajo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Sanja :) <3 Ah, če se mi vedno zdi preveč dela. A za makeup pa lahko uporabim eno uro. Ni logike :D.

      Delete