Review: Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow (06 Golden Brown and 21 Passion Fruit)

Hey Beauties!

As promised here is the review of my two shades of Kiko Long Lasting Stick eyeshadows. I have to say I'm loving those. As you know I'm obsessed with Maybelline Color Tattoos and Kiko sticks are even better.


The full name of this product is Kiko Long Lasting Stick 8 Hour No-Transfer Eyeshadow. It comes in the range of 32 shades. I'm sure there's a shade for everyone. 

It comes in a matte plastic stick packaging. In the bottom you can see the shade of the stick. The packaging is very convenient and it closes really well. You just swirl it for the product to come out. 

Each costs 6.90€ and you get 1.64 grams of product.


I decided to pick up two shades, 21 Passion Fruit and 06 Golden Brown. You can see how other shades like 38 Golden Taupe look like on Mateja and swatches from Sandra. I also love the shade 05 Rosy Brown that Sara reviewed. 


Kiko Long Lasting Stick in 21 Passion Fruit

Shade 21 is pink peach shade with gold shimmer. It's a rather interesting shade. I figure this will look different on different skin tones. On my skin it looks more like a peach shade, although you can definitely spot the very pink undertone in it. The yellow gold shimmer also gives it a yellow sheen. I guess I wasn't expecting this shade to be so bright (it almost looks neon on my eyes), but the shade is what I expected it to be.






Kiko Long Lasting Stick in 06 Golden Brown

Shade 06 is a chocolate brown taupe shade. It has silver shimmer in it, which is bigger or rather more noticeable than in 21.  






The texture of this is creamy, but they set pretty quickly. I find Maybelline Color Tattoos a bit thinner in consistency and also pigmentation. Kiko sticks are more pigmented, so you get a really good payoff with one swipe and they are a bit thicker. If you start to blend them, the color gets weaker, so you have to gradually build it up, but it's not that big of a deal.

As far as creasing goes, I find in my experience that they creased a little in my socket just when I applied them. That's also because I have slightly hooded eyes and I think when I put on a lot the product, it gets into a line a little and then it dries that way. I'm sure if you blend it and gradually build it up it won't give you any problems. It doesn't crease when it sets. I think that if your eyelids are a little more oily this might crease a little after some hours.


Shade 06 is very similar to Maybelline Color Tattoo in 35 On and On Bronze. I actually had a hard time noticing the differences. I guess Tattoo is more metallic. It has smaller shimmer but gives more of a metallic shine. Kiko 06 has bigger silver shimmer, but doesn't reflect the light in a metallic manner. Tattoo is also a bit more grey toned than Kiko 06. Kiko 06 has a bit warmer yellow undertone to it. It's very slight difference, so you many not even notice it. I guess Kiko is just a way more convenient travel product. I love the stick form, so easy and quick to use.


With Kiko sticks you get about a minute of play time, because it sets pretty quickly. However, I find that Maybelline Tattoos set even quicker, around half a minute of play time. 

Kiko sticks are also very long lasting. More than Color Tattoos. You can see how hard it was for me to remove the swatches with a makeup cleaner. The Maybelline Tattoos broke down quicker then Kiko stick. I had to rub like a crazy person. So this 8 hour no-transfer performance claim is definitely true. I believe it would be even longer lasting on some people. 


I also wanted to show you how the shades look like combined. I think 21 is a bit too peachy and bright to be worn on its own, but it's great as a complimentary shade to other eyeshadows. I also like to wear it on my lower lash line to brighten my eyes a little.



To sum it up, Kiko sticks are creamy eyeshadows in a stick form, very long lasting, don't crease and have great pigmentation. I highly recommend these to you. I love my Maybelline Color Tattoos and have 6 shades of them (yes I know!), but these Kiko sticks are just so much more convenient because of the stick form and are crazy pigmented. I'm sure I'll be adding to the collection, if I'll have a chance. I would definitely like to get 04 Golden Chocolate, 07 Golden Beige, 36 Golden Mauve and 37 Burgundy. Not much, ha? :)

14 comments

  1. Bo treba sčekirat. Sicer sem zadovoljna s Color Tattooji ampak se mi jih velikokrat ne ljubi nanašat ravno zato, ker niso v stick obliki. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mislim, da je to da je v sticku zagotovo ena velika prednost, vsaj zame:). Zanimivo je tudi da je nabor odtenkov ogromen:)

      Delete
  2. Joj jaz ne smem več Kiko izdelkov gledat :D
    Tale rjav je mmmm <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own one called Rosy Brown or something like that! Adore it, but have some problems with fallout!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com/en

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I haven't notice any fallout with these. Maybe the problem is in the shimmer.

      Delete
  4. Wau, nisem pričakovala, da 21 izgleda tako na vekah :). Je že nekako kot blush odtenek.

    Sem pričakovala, da je večja razlika med On and on Bronze in 06. Sem slišala, da sta menda zelo podobna, ampak na nekaterih swatchih sta izgledala kar različna. Mi je pa kljub temu prekrasen odtenek in tako kot praviš, še v stiku je :) Ta senčila so odlična <3 Vidim, da imaš kar dolg wishlist :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jap! Če prav neon izgleda v živo. Res ekstremno živ odtenek. Je pa res, da jaz tega toliko gor napackam, da ni konca:).

      Meni se zdita ekstremno podobna, čeprav čisto ista pa nista. Stick je res super priročen:) Dolg? Ah saj bi še lahko kaj dodala :D

      Delete
  5. That brown color is amazing! :D
    Looks very good on you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid:) It's such a versatile shade, it would suit everyone:).
      xx

      Delete
  6. I was just ready to hit send on my order and thought hmmm let me check out some swatches. I was surprised to find that you swatched both shades that I had in my cart. Thanks for the review and swatch....they look so amazing on you that I am putting my order through!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike :) I'm glad I could help. Enjoy these, they're great ;)

      Delete
  7. I've not tried these, but I think I will very soon. I love Kiko; particularly the fact that it's cruelty-free.
    I'm looking especially hard at 61-Light Mauve since it looks like it could work well with ColourPop Colour Stix in Bittersweet.
    I LOVE not having to fool with primer, and eyeshadow crayons/sticks stay well on my mature oily skin without a base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiko has some amazing products at very affordable prices. Their limited editions always look gorgeous. These sticks are one of their classics that everyone enjoys. It's so easy to apply and as you were saying, lasts well. I do like to set them with powder eyeshadows, but if you don't have problem with very oily lids there is no need.

      Delete