Review: E.l.f. Cream Eyeliner (Coffee)

Hey Beauties!

I've just discovered that this E.l.f. brand has some great products. Recently I purchased a few more products of theirs, because well..they are so cheap. Some have already charmed me. One of these is their Cream Eyeliner in the shade Coffee.


The package includes a little plastic pot with eyeliner and mini eyeliner brush. It contains 4.7 grams and it costs only 3$. Perfect!

I am gonna say it right away, that I did not like the brush at all. It's a cute mini size, but it's too harsh and too dense for this kind of eyeliner. I tried putting on the eyeliner, but it was leaving two lines at the edge of both brush corners, instead of leaving nice even thin line. 


The eyeliner itself is very creamy and almost feel too thin in consistency. That means you really get some play time with it, while applying it. It also means that it could be used as a cream base for eye shadow. It really is that soft and mousse like. I thought that this couldn't possibly work, but it does. After a while (about two minutes after application) it dries. Once it's dry it will not move. Seriously. I haven't seen such a good longevity of a cream liner before. It stays put all day. I put it on my hand and took it under water and nothing. I rubbed it a little and it still stayed on its place. So in my opinion, it's definitely waterproof.


It can be used as a very precise gel liner or as an eye shadow cream base or even as a smudge eye pencil. You can really smudge it around and create perfect smoky eye.

Here I used it as a cream eye shadow base and smudged it around the lower lash line.


The shade Coffee, is a really dark brown shade. I like it, because it's not light, it's still very much a dark eyeliner shade, just a little bit less harsh. It almost has that taupe feel to it. You can see how it looks like on me. I'm usually always black liner girl, but I find this less harsher change to be very interesting. I've since used it with a few more pretty subtle makeup looks and I really like it. Now I want to buy purple version, which should really bring out my eye color. :)




This eyeliner is definitely a winner in my book. The packaging is adorable, shade is really pretty, texture is a dream to work with and it's extremely long lasting. Plus the best part - it's really cheap. What's not to love?!

13 comments

  1. Krasna barva. <3 Bi takoj imela kakšno senčilo v tej barvi - sploh kakšen Color Tattoo. :P
    Eni E.L.F. izdelki tudi mene mikajo. :P kje pa jih kupuješ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Tudi mene zanima, kje jih naročaš, ker me mika par izdelkov, sploh pa tale eyeliner po tvoji objavi! :)

      Delete
    3. Kupujem jih na iherb.com Se mi zdi da imajo tam kar velik nabor njihovih izdelkov:). Jaz sem se že odločila, da bom preizkusila še več njihovih izdelkov. Eni so res super:).

      Delete
    4. Lahko pa tudi na njihovi UK strani, majo skoz kakšne akcije, se je dobro na novičke naročit, pa še carinjenja ni iz uk.

      Drugače pa tegale definitivno nabavim, pa še črnega vrjetno.

      Delete
    5. http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/

      Delete
    6. Ja zdaj so res podražili poštnino na iherbu, bo boljše tukaj kupovat:).

      Delete
  2. I have its black version, it's great :) But I didn't like the brush, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know the brush comes with it, until I got it:). Must try the black version as well:).

      Delete
  3. i never use it , but i must try !

    www.madamedaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this shade! I'm a big fan of brown eyeliners. I have an ELF eyeliner in olive and I really like how that one looks as well :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was totally stuck on purple, when I saw it. Come to think of it, olive would also look great. I like that they are not really bright, just dark versions of colored eyeliners:).
      xx

      Delete