February Haul

Hey Beauties!

I wanted to change up my posts and maybe do a haul to let you know what reviews you can expect in the future. I sometimes accumulate new things and forget to do those short and sweet hauls, just to let you know my first impressions. This time I remembered. Maybe I'll give you some ideas on what to purchase for yourself.


I decided to purchase some new stuff from Makeup Revolution. One of which is this Flawless eyeshadow palette. It has 32 eyeshadows. Some are matte, but most are shimmery. It's a pretty neutral palette with certain pops of colors, which are still very wearable. I've been trying a lot of the shades and I'll post a few makeup looks along with the full review of this palette. I guess I just wish it had a deep matte black and some more colorful variations. I think some colorful shades like blue and green are too dark. They would need complimentary lighter shade. The quality is pretty good.


I also got their Ultra Cover and Conceal palette in Light. I wanted something with multiple shade choices, since I do sometimes do makeup on others and my skin tone also varies among winter and summer. I've tried only a few shades. I find that they are pretty light in coverage, more than I was expecting. I think those would be good as a contouring and highlighting product, because they are pretty sheer. Not great for under the eye or around any fine lines, because they emphasize them. I need to test this more.


Finally! I've wanted to buy this blush for such a long time. It's NYX Powder Blush in Taupe. Supposedly it's a really nice contour shade for light skin tones. I think the shade is interesting and definitely not too dark for fair skin. I was surprised as it looks a bit red toned on me. For some reason I thought it would be cooler. I haven't tried this enough to tell you if I like it or not. 


I also got single eyeshadow from Catrice in the shade 400 My First Copperware Party. I admit, I got it because I saw on Pinterest that this shade is supposedly dupe for MAC's Satin Taupe, which I know is a very popular shade. I actually really like the quality of Catrice eyeshadows, but my God, why don't they just make a freedom system palette or something? I would totally buy an empty palette and fill it with their eyeshadows. I guess that is my problem with single eyeshadows, they are just so not practical for carrying around. That's why I mostly go for palettes. Anyway, pretty brown shade, which again looks a bit red toned on me. It's a very wearable shade.


That hair mascara is the only new Essence product that caught my attention. I like it because it has such a small brush. It's very practical for brushing through the brows, if you don't have naturally huge brows. It gives me more control. It's called Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara and I got it in the shade 01 Blondy Brows. It's almost taupe, grey based light brown shade, which is perfect for me, since I do have slightly greyish natural brows. Haven't tried it that much, but it does coat the brows nicely and makes them more seen.


I was so happy, when I found this lip gloss on Ebay. It's one of my all time favorite lip glosses as far as the shade goes. It's Maybelline Watershine Gloss in 715 Crystal Dune. Probably nothing fascinating for anyone, but I just love that truly beige brown shade of lip gloss with tiny shimmer. Makes the lips look really glossy and shiny. 


Another product that has positively surprised me is mascara from La Roche-Posay. It's called Respectissime Extension Lenght and Curl Mascara. I got it as a gift from a relative. My usually kind of mascaras are volumizing ones. So I didn't expect much from this one, but I really like it so far. It really separates my lashes and makes them look slim and longer. The thing that impressed me the most, was that it holds my curl for almost all day. I still need to build it up to get more visible and darker lashes, because it's obviously not volumizing, but they are pretty long and stay curled. So..I think this one will be a winner. 


Click2Chic sent me this new makeup sponged called Nanshy Marvel 4 in 1 Makeup Blending Sponge. I only felt it and it's really soft. Plus it's a really pretty mint color. I also like the fact that is straight cut on one of the angles. I think this will be useful for going into the corners. I haven't tried it yet.

But I did get a discount code for my readers. You can get 15% off of this sponge, if you use the code PETRA15


They also sent me some new shades of Models Own nail polishes. One is Hyper Gel Gel Effect Polish in the shade Powder Blue. It's a really pretty pastel baby boy blue. The other it's Colour Chrome collection and it's in the shade Chrome Blue. I think this is a chrome or metallic blue silver shade. 


Another great product, which I've discovered is Kahne Rose Hip Seed Oil. It's pure rose hip seed oil and it has a natural smell. It's very oily and contains retionol (vitamin A) and is rich in vitamin C. It's a really versatile oil and promises a lot. What I like the most is that it makes my pimple spots disappear and makes my skin very soft and smooth. I really like this oil and I'm using it every single day before going to sleep. Who knew we had that kind of jewel hiding in out drugstore. I bought it in Tuš drogerija (for Slovenian readers).


Avon also sent me their new perfume called Cherish. I must admit, it's not my usual type of scent. I like strong and sweet fragrances. There's one ingredient that makes this one appealing to me and that is musk. It's one of my favorite perfume ingredients. This perfume contains Sandalwood, White Musk, Jasmin Sambac, Tiare Flower, Cherry Blossom and Pink Pepper. I actually smell cherry blossom and musk the most. It's a pretty fresh, yet very strong combination with the musk as a base. I would say musky floral fragrance. 


The last product, which I've been using a lot already is The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer. I always though that this highlighter looked somewhat pink on the photos, but is actually a very light champagne gold shade. Right up my alley! I really like it. It's the perfect shade for my skin tone and I like that it's more of an obvious highlighter. Have to admit, I thought the shimmer would be extremely subtle, but it's definitely very visible. 



Does something interest you in particular? 

15 comments

  1. Jaz pa moram najprej omeniti, kak lepo ozadje imaš, čist spomladansko. <3
    Zadnje čase me zelo mikajo MR novosti. :) Sicer sem do zdaj večino, kar sem si najbolj želela oz. ''rabim'', uspela kupit (čopiči, šminke, gloss), ampak še zmeraj čakam, da dobijo Naked Chocolate paletko, ki si jo res želim. :)
    Me pa zelo zanima podrobnejša ocena Essence maskare, ker takšna barva tudi meni najbolj ustreza, pa seveda Nanshy gobice - sem se čisto odvadila uporabljati čopič/prste za nanos pudra (odkar uporabljam Tedi gobico, ki je kar fajn).
    NYX Taupe imam jaz tudi in je fajn za contouring, čeprav ga jaz včasih uporabim tudi namesto senčila. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala:)) Ja, komaj čakam spomladansko vreme:)). Jaz si tudi želim Naked paleto. Pa še kaj bi se našlo. So meni tudi zanimive vse te novosti, pa Pro palete:). Jaz imam tudi Tedijevo gobico in eno iz Ebaya. Bom naredila primerjavo:). Je lep odtenek za več delov obraza. Samo nekako sem pričakovala, da bo bolj hladen odtenek.

      Delete
  2. Tudi jaz sem občudovala ozadje! :D jaz uporabljam Tedi gobico in je super (sploh za 1 ali 2€).
    Ta MR ima vsak dan kaj novega in prazni denarnico :p

    http://lanasfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala:)) Meni je tudi dobra, jo imam:). Res imajo ogromno novosti in vse izgledajo tako zanimive:).

      Delete
  3. Jaz sem ravno prejšnji teden kupila Flawless matte paletko in mi je kar prijetno presenetila. Uu, a že imamo ta Essence brow maskaro, sem ravno pri eni komentirala, da moram pogledat če je že pri nas :D
    Lou-Manizer je pa res čisto za tebe, imam prijateljico ki ima prav tako rada bolj očitne highlighter-je in je bila čisto navdušena nad tem :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se že veslim te ocene. Jaz nimam preveč rada mat senčil, ker so vedno slabo pigmentirana. So me pa ena iz Flawless palete prav lepo presenetila zato me zdaj zanima tudi matte verzija:). Mislim, da je verjetno že povsod v Mullerjih:). Ja - jaz in moja obsesija z osvetljevalci! :D

      Delete
  4. Flawless is one of my favourite palette from Make up revolution, I really like it.

    I agree with you, Catrice have to make a free-system palette ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it to. Some shades are phenomenal.:) Should we start a petition? :D

      Delete
  5. I'm using Nyx Taupe as a contouring powder as well. It looks fine, but seems a bit reddish on me, too (even though I'm pale)... So I'm looking for something better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exactly the same with me. It's hard to find a nice contour shade :/.

      Delete
  6. The Catrice eyeshadows are indeed amazing and the names are always so funny! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sami super izdelki :) moram tudi sama preizkusiti Essence brow gel :) ti pa kar zavidam Mary Lou Manizer haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni je zaenkrat všeč ta brow gel:). Ja Mary Lou Manizer je tak izdelek, da ko ga kupiš, se ti zdi da več ne rabiš še tistih 10 osvetljevalcev, ki jih imaš v predalih.:)

      Delete