Review: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Fluid

Hey Beauties!

I got this wonderful product from La Roche-Posay and it's the perfect product for the season. It's skin cancer awareness week in Slovenia, so further more reason for sunscreen mentioning on my blog.

The sun has become extremely dangerous. I remember being younger and not getting burnt, while being on the sun a whole day. I also remember my family was never big on huge SPF factors. Now, that I'm a bit older, all has changed. A few years ago I had a sunscreen with SPF 20 and got really bad sun burns on my body. I realized my SPF needs to be at least 30. The face is even more sensitive and sun burns can make you look a lot older in years to come. Nobody wants that. So today's product is the perfect sunscreen product for everyone who wants to look younger longer, avoid skin cancer and take good care of your overall health.

La Roche-Posay made a product named Anthelios XL ultra-light fluid. It offers SPF 50+ and is especially good for sensitive and sun intolerant skin. It also has UVB + UVA protection, which is very important in looking for sunscreen. It's initially made for the face, but can of course be used on any other problematic areas of the body. It also says that is waterproof and contains no perfumes and no parabens.

It sounds like a perfect product for my sensitive skin and it didn't let me down. I actually planed on buying this one for this summer season and now I got it.




Here is the ingredients list for those who are interested.


The packaging is really convenient. It's pretty thin, square like and it's not big, so perfect for carrying around. On top it has a little screw on top that prevents the mess of getting the cream all over the packaging. That's a really good design, since the product is really liquid. It's also great because you can control how much product do you want to come out, without wasting it.


The fluid is very liquid and you need to shake the bottle before using it. It has a little ball inside, that shakes up the product well. It's a light light yellow color. Because it's so liquid, it's a dream to apply. The application is quick and easy. The fluid soaks into the skin extremely quickly and there's no stickiness or heavy feeling. It's very light. No particular smell, just very neutral. 


The only thing that bothers me a little is that it gives the skin a very shiny layer. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing sticky, it's just the visual effect on the skin. Some may love this, but my very oily skin in the summer, may not so much. This sheen seems to be a very often effect that I get from face sunscreens. Maybe it's something about the formula that it just need to be like that. For those with dry skin, this would be an absolute beauty on the face, adding some natural highlighting :).


I have a pretty sensitive skin and this fluid works amazing on my skin. No irritations, no red spots, nothing. I highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. I love the quick absorbency and the light feeling, but could go without the sheen. It really is an amazing sunscreen.

In Slovenia it costs something around 15€ (which is equal to around 12£ or 20$) and you get 50 ml of product. I think it's a pretty reasonable price for a good face sunscreen. 

I saw on foreign pages that La Roche-Posay also has this product in an original version (which is probably heavier),  in a tinted version and even compact cream (which looks to me like a cream foundation with SPF - boy, would I like to get my hands on this one! :) ). They also have products for the body in the same range. 

No comments