Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr

I was buying some things and stumbled upon this product. This is a new one for me and I don't remember seeing it in our country before. Since I read a lot of raving reviews about this product, I had to try it for myself. The product I bought was Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr gel-cream eyeshadow.


I bought it in this gorgeous shade called 35-On and on Bronze. It is a bronzy brown with slight gold undertone of shimmer in it. 


It's a gel consistency, but it goes on like butter. Once you put it on it dries fast and it doesn't move. I had problem taking it off my hands, when I tried it for the first time. 




The packaging is a very sturdy glass with black screw-on top. I like it, because the glass is very thick so it would probably still be ok, if you dropped it. I also like the fact that it has a color swatch on both sides, top and bottom. On top is a sticker in the same color as is the shade and on the bottom is a see-through glass so you can see the shade. That's a nice quality, so that you don't need to open or turn the product to see what color it is. Plus, it would be a lot easier to put it in the drawers and still see the colors.

On the packaging it doesn't actually says the amount of product that is in, so I can't tell.

I've tried it today. Since I have very oily lids, I was pleasantly surprised when I came home after 8 hours and saw that the make up was still pretty much on. The eyeshadow didn't crease much, which after 8 hours of wearing it, is a total success for me.  To say nicely, I didn't have any nice "relationships" with all my previous cream eyeshadows and I never wanted to buy any, because they just packed themselves in the crease and was no point in putting them on.

Of course it did started to crease a little, but still far from all the other so-called cream eyeshadows and stuff. I did however used an eyeshadow lightly over this cream shadow. That probably also helped it stay put.

This products comes in different shades. Although I didn't see all of them in the store. I remember I saw purple, black, white, light pink, turquoise and taupe. Don't remember all of the shades, though.


All in all, I like this product a lot. I like all the colors in the range, like that it dries really quickly and therefore prevents the shadow to crease a lot less and that it stays on for such a long time. I will probably purchase it in some other colors also. It made me fall in love with cream eyeshadow again :).





No comments